Water Feature Design and Construction
Whether you plan to build your pond yourself, or hire a professional to install it, its imperative that you not leave the design of your waterscape to chance. A well designed pond or waterfall will cost close to the same as a spa, so its important for you to protect your investment by consulting with a good designer first.
Before we can set about designing your waterscape, first we’ll need to determine your expectations.
- Do you want a koi pond or a water garden?
- Would you prefer a pondless waterfall system?
- Or a combination of the above?
Here are some further issues for your consideration:
- Will you be able to appreciate your waterscape from the most frequented rooms in your home, or from your deck or patio area?
- Is there access to a hose close to your pond area?
- Do you need to install a pond-side electrical source, or do you have an electrical source already?
- If you want fish, how many fish will your pond support?
- What kind of maintenance is required?
- What kind of plants do you want?
- How much water will be required to keep your waterscape healthy?
- What about water overflow from a heavy rain?
- Is there separate drainage required?
- What happens in the winter?
- Should my waterscape be in the sun or shade?
- Is the waterscape pet-friendly?
- What effect will this installation have on the value of my home?